This simple plugin adds two new WordPress admin color schemes. The colors are the same as the built-in Blue and Grey schemes, but with an additional color for visited links. This makes it easier to keep track of which dashboard news items you have and have not already read.
- Upload the
admin-colors-plus-visitedfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Go to Users->Your Profile and select one of the new Admin Color Schemes in the Personal Options section.
- Why did you choose that color for visited links?
I used the same color the built-in color schemes use for when you hover over a link.
- Will this still work with WordPress versions 2.5 and 2.6?
Nope, and it never will. You really should upgrade WordPress anyway to keep your site secure.
- What about WordPress 2.7 and up?
It might work. I listed the plugin as requiring at least WordPress 3.0 because I have not tested older versions.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Colors Plus Visited” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Admin Colors Plus Visited” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Compatibility with changes to the color schemes after WordPress 2.7.
- Added schemes for the built-in Blue and Gray variations.
- Changed the name to Admin Colors Plus Visited to remove the reference to the WordPress 2.5 Fresh color scheme.
- Moved to WordPress Extend plugin directory.
- Specified the license as GPL v2 or later.
- Added screenshots.
- Don’t apply visited colors to the Right Now postbox.
- First public version. Released only on my site under the name Fresh Plus Visited and only compatible with WordPress versions 2.5 and 2.6.
- First unreleased version.