Buy Now Plus
Buy Now Plus is perfect for people who want to process credit cards but don’t want to go through the hassle of getting a dedicated IP address or installing an SSL certificate.
Buy Now Plus is great for selling and protecting digital goods, running promotions or accepting payments for products and services.
You can get more information about Buy Now Plus here.
Buy Now Plus Benefits & Features
- Securely charge credit cards from your WordPress website without having to purchase or install an SSL certificate
- Easy to setup an infinite number of payment forms using simple WordPress shortcodes
- Fully PCI compliant
Upgrade to MemberPress
Buy Now Plus will let you charge credit cards very easily and reliably … But if you want to do this and more (without the additional per-transaction fee) you’ll want to check out our commercial Membership plugin MemberPress.
Upgrading to MemberPress will enable you to:
- Build Rock-Solid Membership Sites
- Charge Credit Cards securely from your website using Stripe, PayPal & Authorize.net
- Sell & protect access to your content and digital downloads
- Create and manage payment subscriptions
How Buy Now Plus Works
We’ve built a secure, robust, cloud-based payment system (buynowplus.com) that our WordPress plugin uses to process payments with Stripe.
This is great news for you because you won’t ever have to worry about security or PCI compliance on your webserver.
Buy Now Plus is ultra-simple to get setup … it doesn’t require your site to be hosted with a dedicated IP address or to have an SSL certificate installed.
After your user fills out and Submits the Buy Now form they will be redirected to our secure servers to checkout. Once the checkout is complete (or the user cancels), the user will be redirected back to your site to a customizable thank you page.
We’re committed to making this the easiest to use payment solution for WordPress available so we’ve set it up so you’ll only be charged for using this service when you make money.
Using our secure servers with Stripe costs 4.9% + 30¢ per successful transaction.
For example, if you successfully charge someone $20 then after fees you’ll collect $18.72 — which Stripe will automatically deposit directly into your bank account.
The fee above already includes Stripe’s fee (2.9% + 30¢) — we just add an additional 2.0% for the use of our secure servers — which makes a grand total of 4.9% + 30¢ per successful transaction.
Why is there a small fee (in addition to Stripe’s fees) when using Buy Now Plus in the first place?
Unlike other stripe payment plugins for WordPress, Buy Now Plus does not require you to install an SSL Certificate on your site. This is because we use our secure servers to process payments through Stripe. Our servers cost money to maintain & secure … hence, we must charge a small fee for this service.
So before using this plugin you just have to do the math. For some users the small per transaction fee will be a cost savings (particularly for those who’s web host charge for SSL) and for others, the convenience / ease of use of Buy Now Plus will be worth the small fee.
How can I run test transactions through this system?
When you create a payment form with Buy Now Plus you can easily specify whether transactions created with it should be test or live transactions (using the livemode attribute). There are no fees (from Stripe or our servers) for running test transactions.
We recommend setting up forms initially in test mode to get the payment flow working properly before charging real transactions. Once you’re satisfied that the payment flow works for you then it’s easy to set the form to live by changing the value of the livemode attribute from “false” to “true”.
All you’ll need to do to get this setup is
- Register for a free account on buynowplus.com
- Connect your Stripe account
- Find your API key on the settings page and get ready to copy and paste
- Download & Install the Buy Now Plus WordPress plugin
- Enter the API key from your buynowplus.com settings into the Buy Now Plus settings page in the WordPress admin
- Use the “Buy Now” button in the WordPress editor to place a shortcode on any page of your site
And you can use this on an unlimited number of sites after you have your API key.
Contributors & Developers
“Stripe Payments by Buy Now Plus – Best WordPress Stripe Credit Card Payments Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Stripe Payments by Buy Now Plus – Best WordPress Stripe Credit Card Payments Plugin” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Validated with 5.2.2
- Initial release