A simple plugin that generates a meta tag; specifically, adding “theme-color” meta data to the head section of your page. Which enable mobile browsers to get that data and apply it to the address bar.
No more unsafe editing of your theme’s header.php file. You simply follow the instructions provided and you are good to go.
- Download and extract plugin files to wp-content/plugin directory or just click Install Now in WordPress plugin page.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to appearance menu > Mobile Browser Address Bar Color.
- Select the color that you want.
- Click save changes.
- Thats it!
It is not working!
You’re probably using unsupported browser like Opera. For best solution, try it on Chrome. If still not working, just open a topic on the plugin support forum.
Contributors & Developers
“Color Mobile Browser Address Bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Color Mobile Browser Address Bar” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0.10 – 4/7/2021
- TWEAK! – Changes in author name and plugin icon.
1.0.9 – 8/3/2017
- TWEAK! – Added default value when first activated on the meta and if user input made an invalid hex input
1.0.8 – 8/2/2017
- New! – Added uninstall.php
1.0.7 – 8/2/2017
- OFFICIAL RELEASE
- TWEAK! – Sanitize Hex Input [Improve Security]
1.0.6 – 8/1/2017
- New! – Added Default Color Value
- Fix! – Hexadecimal not showing on the field when clicked
1.0.5 – 7/31/2017
- New! – Added Admin Notices
1.0.4 – 7/31/2017
- Initial Release