Make WordPress the center of your digital newsroom. Allow reporters to print stories or export to InDesign, right inside the post editor.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In the post editor, find the Export Post metabox in the right sidebar. Click Export to InDesign to download the story as a TaggedText file
- Place the story into an InDesign document
- Some characters are missing
This is an infrequent, but known issue.
Support for non-English characters and special characters has improved over past versions, but is still not 100%. If the plugin finds a character is does not recognize, it will be replaced with a box, making it easy to fix manually in InDesign.
If you come across this, please email the TaggedText file and a link to the live post on your site to email@example.com
- Something is broken, or I have a great idea.
Please create an issue on the GitHub page.
Creating a pull request with a fix is an even better option.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Export to InDesign” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Merged some changes from North Bay Business Journal
- Improved support for non-English characters
- Fixed issue with Print Function
- More improvement for special characters
- Removes shortcodes
- Significant improvement to the way special characters are handled
- Almost any character should be supported now
- First version