Make WordPress the center of your digital newsroom. Allow reporters to print stories or export to InDesign, right inside the post editor.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In the post editor, find the Export Post metabox in the right sidebar. Click Export to InDesign to download the story as a TaggedText file
- Place the story into an InDesign document
- Some characters are missing
This is an infrequent, but known issue.
Support for non-English characters and special characters has improved over past versions, but is still not 100%. If the plugin finds a character is does not recognize, it will be replaced with a box, making it easy to fix manually in InDesign.
If you come across this, please email the TaggedText file and a link to the live post on your site to email@example.com
- Something is broken, or I have a great idea.
Please create an issue on the GitHub page.
Creating a pull request with a fix is an even better option.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Export to InDesign” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Export to InDesign” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Merged some changes from North Bay Business Journal
- Improved support for non-English characters
- Fixed issue with Print Function
- More improvement for special characters
- Removes shortcodes
- Significant improvement to the way special characters are handled
- Almost any character should be supported now
- First version