You shouldn’t have to hire a developer to customize your website’s login page. That’s why I built Login Designer, the best login customizer plugin for WordPress.
While Login Designer is not the first WordPress plugin designed for styling custom login pages, it offers an unrivaled live-editing experience unlike any other.
Login Designer’s login customizing and templating experience is the best in class – by a long shot.
Faster. Better. Stronger – Login Designer v1.3
We are excited to introduce Login Designer v1.3 that is equipped with new features, improvements and fixes. Here’s what’s new in the latest update:
- Language switcher – Users can switch to multiple languages which the admin has selected from the back end.
- Login error message customization – You can customize messages for login and password fields (required and invalid).
- Added pencil icons on editable settings – You can edit just about anything from colors and sizes to texts and fonts.
- Import & Export settings – Users can import and export settings using custom CSS.
- Google ReCaptcha settings – You can now secure the login form using Google ReCaptcha V3.
A short video
Login Designer Features
- Login error messages customization.
- WordPress login translation.
- Added enable/disable button in customizer for a language translator.
- Added pencil icons on editable settings.
- Customize the background color, radius, padding, shadow, transparency, and checkbox width.
- Edit the text, font, size, and color of username and password fields.
- Customize the full display appearance of the login form input fields.
- Customize the “Remember me” checkbox input element and on the login form.
- Customize the full display appearance of the login submit button.
- Import & Export settings by custom CSS.
- Google ReCaptcha settings.
An unparalleled custom login styling experience
Zero refreshes. Contextually displayed options and plugin settings. Custom event triggers. Context-aware previews. Powerful custom controls. Live editing…the list goes on.
Login Designer is a UX beast.
It’s familiar, yet completely revolutionary. Click on any element from your login page to fine tune it. That element’s settings are contextually displayed, while others hide. This way, you’ll spend less time navigating the Customizer’s sections and panels, and more time actually fine-tuning your website’s login page.
Click here to view the detailed technical documentation of login designer.
Get started today
Intrigued? I bet you are. Once you try Login Designer, every other Customizer experience will feel lackluster. Guaranteed.
Installation is free, fun, quick, and easy.
- Upload the
login-designerfolder to your
/wp-content/plugins/directory or alternatively upload the login-designer.zip file via the plugin page of WordPress by clicking ‘Add New’ and selecting the zip from your local computer.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Start customizing from the WordPress Customizer > Login Designer panel.
How do I start customizing?
You may easily navigate to the Login Designer editor via the WordPress Dashboard > Apperance > Login Designer link. Alternatively, you may view the editor by opening the Login Designer section within the Customizer.
Is Login Designer free?
Yes! Login Designer’s core features are and always will be free.
What themes work with Login Designer?
Any properly developed WordPress theme will work with Login Designer. If you’re looking for exceptional themes, check out my theme catalogue at ThemeBeans.
Is Login Designer translatable?
Yes! Login Design is deployed with full translation and localization support via the ‘login-designer’ text-domain.
Where can I ask for help?
Please reach out via the official plugin support forum.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Login Page Customizer – Login Designer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Custom Login Page Customizer – Login Designer” has been translated into 4 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Added some new features
- Added google recaptcha functionality
- Added Import Export settings
- Added Login error customization settings
- Fix Language translation issue coming in WordPress 5.9
- Update tested up to value to WordPress 5.8.2
- Add minor UI tweaks to better support WordPress 5.3
- Improve the RankMath filter
- Custom logos now display properly on mobile
- Tweak: Update the tested up to value to WordPress 5.1
- Tweak: Add a noindex meta tag to the Login Designer page
- Fix: Styling the “Below Form” color now affects the p elements as well
- Tweak: Improved background image rendering on Template 01
- Tweak: Add conditional logic to background image settings
- Tweak: Gulp 4.0 & Stylelint support
- New: Add new custom logo mobile height and width controls, viewable when the mobile previewer is triggered
- New: Add middle and upper right options for displaying the Login Designer mark
- New: Apply primary gallery image colors to the Login Designer mark
- Fix: Button shadow opacity now hides if there’s no shadow applied
- Fix: Add proper styling to the checkbox Customizer event trigger
- Fix: Form transparency toggle now properly triggers the display of the form background control
- Tweak: Improve Customizer UI styles
- Tweak: Alphabetize controls within panels that have many styles
- Tweak: PHPCS + Stylelint support
- New: Add a plugin feedback notice that displays one week after installation
- Fix: Properly unset the button_height option once it’s migrated
- Fix: Check if disable_logo is enabled before showing the logo’s height and width Customizer options
- Tweak: Set attribution branding mark to false by default
- New: Add options for fine-tuning the “Log In” button display (padding-top and padding-bottom)
- New: Position setting for aligning the Login Designer logo to the left or right
- Fix: Accreditation link obscursed content on smaller viewports
- Fix: Modify button radius values now properly return
- Fix: Logo height and width options only display if a logo is uploaded
- Tweak: Add a Login Designer action to the Customizer admin bar item
- Tweak: Add a migration sequence for the depreciated button height setting
- Tweak: Adjust the button’s customizer event overlay to display properly regardless of the button size
- Tweak: Touch up the background image uploader control UI
- Tweak: The settings icon is now hidden when the settings are viewed
- Fix: Fixed an issue where the Login Designer mark did not properly hide within the Customizer
- Tweak: Username and password labels now stay hidden when text labels are removed
- Tweak: Adjusted field margin bottom to work properly
- Fix: Rewrote the Login Designer Customizer view to resolve known plugin compatibility issues
- Fix: Resolved an issue where the form bottom positioning “jumped” when triggered in the Customizer
- Fix: Added proper translatable text for the plugin’s guided intro
- Tweak: Improved the style of the form bottom edit trigger
- Tweak: Added better style prefixing with Customizer UI elements to improve theme incompatibilities
- Tweak: Removed unnecessary styles/scripts and cleaned up the /assets/ folder
- Tweak: Sprite display within the Customizer
- Tweak: Improved asset delivery and minification
- Fix: Resolved the sprite display issue within the Customizer
- Fix: Custom positioning on the “remember me” checkbox now works properly
- Tweak: Added minor Customizer UI tweaks
- Tweak: Added appropriate prefixes to combat theme incompatibilities
- Tweak: Added a proper is_customize_preview check for the Login Designer badge
- Fix: Resolved an issue where the Login Designer badge was not displaying properly
- New: Added an optional “Powered by Login Designer” badge to display on login pages
- New: Added options to customize the colors of the new “Powered by” badge
- Tweak: Removed the Login Designer template from the Page Attributes dropdown
- Tweak: Added additional checks for the login_designer_page value
- New: Added an introduction tour for first-time users
- New: Editing the Login Designer page now pulls up the Customizer view
- New: Viewing the Login Designer page, when logged in, now also pulls up the Customizer view
- Fix: Login Designer now plays nicely on multisite installations
- Tweak: Improved template creation process during installation
- Tweak: View the Login Designer page now redirects to the Login Designer Customizer page
- Tweak: Added a new admin warning for when a user attempts to delete the Login Designer page
- Fix: Resolved an issue where the Login Designer template page would not resolve properly for some folks
- Fix: The Login Designer template page now removes itself if the plugin is uninstalled
- Tweak: Minor mobile responsive improvements for Template 01
- Tweak: Minor PHPCS improvements
- Tweak: Adjusted checkbox input checked styling
- New: Logo width and height sizing feature with auto-sizing fallback
- New: Transparent form background toggle
- Fix: Resolved an issue with templates that use transparent backgrounds
- Fix: Adding spacing between the logo and the form now works properly
- Tweak: Improved the UX across the board, making the app much faster overall
- Tweak: Updated the background styler icon
- Tweak: Improved login form rendering on mobile devices
- Tweak: Custom logos now stick around when you change templates
- Tweak: Conducted minor PHPCS code fixes
- Tweak: Minor template markup touchups
- Tweak: Removed getimagesize dependancy for the custom logo sizing
- Tweak: Improved webkit shadow styling
- Fix: Resolved issue where inline sprites would cause Template 02 to display oddly in the Customizer
- Tweak: Added support to carry over template styles on the lost password form
- Tweak: Improved template rendering
- Tweak: Removed package version info from plugin files
- Tweak: Updated readme
- Tweak: Removed activation redirection
- Initial release on WordPress.org. Enjoy!