This plugins fires Google Analytics & Piwik events for the native WordPress MediaElement video and audio player.
Works for playlists, too! Adds the following events in Google Analytics & Piwik:
An event look like this: wp-video, play,[filename]
- category: wp-video
- action: play
- label: filename of the corresponding media file
- Install plugin
- Activate it
Contributors & Developers
“MediaElement Google Analytics & Piwik Event Tracking” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “MediaElement Google Analytics & Piwik Event Tracking” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- removed “pause” events. You might ask why. Because the mediaement player does not report this event correctly.
- added image
- support for audio and video playlists. Here you go, Scott.
- tracking of filename instead of fileurl.
- Piwik support \o/
- compatible with Monster Insights plugin
- First version with play, pause and ended events.