Just the minimum required meta tags to work.
The source / inspiration for this plugin came from this blog post written by Stoyan Stefanov
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to the “Sharing Meta Tags” menu item underneath the “Appearance” main tab and set your defaults.
- Set any individual posts or pages.
- What’s this all about?
Meta tags are a pain. And there are a lot of them. So this plugins boils it down to just the minimum tags required to “work”.
- How do I use this?
See the installation instructions.
- Is this really all of them?
I would suggest reading this blog post written by Stoyan Stefanov if you’re curious.
- Can I customize it?
Yeah. There are filters and whatnot that I’ll eventually get around to documenting.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Minimum Viable Sharing Meta” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Minimum Viable Sharing Meta” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
0.0.5 – 2018/06/05
- added canonical URL field. props @dryan for the suggestion.
- included image meta tags from Yoast SEO in conversion function.
0.0.4 – 2018/01/08
- fixed incorrect admin file loading. props @raajtram.
- added metadata conversion for the Genesis theme framework.
minshare_meta_localized_js_argsfilter for localized args.
- added post meta removal on plugin deleting.
0.0.3 – 2018/01/02
- added metadata conversion for Yoast SEO and All In One SEO Pack.
0.0.2 – 2018/01/01
- added character count warnings for titles and descriptions
- introducted the
minshare_meta_use_default_tagsfilter to use default values when tags for singular content has not been entered. The default is
- added the
MINSHARE_META_OPTIONKEYconstants to use in the entire plugin.
0.0.1 – 2017/12/28
- First release!