“SEO SIMPLE PACK” is a very simple plugin for SEO.
- Outputs basic meta tags that are essential for SEO measures.
- It can be set for each page type.
- You can also set the OGP information required for SNS such as Facebook and Twitter.
- You can customize the meta tag information individually for each post, page, and term.
- The output content of each meta tag can also be rewritten with a hook.
- You can easily set the Google Analytics measurement code and Webmaster Tools verification code.
Please see the following page for a detailed explanation of this plugin. (Written in Japanese.)
The source code of this plugin is available on Github.
How to use
After installation, the minimum required meta tags will be output without doing anything. However, it is recommended that you set the following setting items yourself.
- Home page description
- Image of “og:image”
- “noindex” setting for each page type
- Stop author archive setting (if you don’t want to access the author archive page)
Access to the settings screen
- An item written as “SEO PACK” has been added to the left menu of the WordPress administration screen.
- Click to go to the settings page.
- You can change the settings on the two types of management screens, “General settings” and “OGP settings”.
Individual settings for each page
The following items can be set individually for Posts / Pages and Term pages such as Categories / Tags.
- “meta robots” tag
- “title” tag
- “meta description” tag
- “meta og:image” tag
About initial settings
Here are some default settings when you haven’t changed the settings.
<title> tag on the posts page
Site name | Tagline
<description> tag on the Home page
<title> tag on the Posts / Pages
The title of the page | Site name
<description> tag on the Posts / Pages
Automatically generated from the content of that page
Which page it is applied to
Each archive page, 404 page, Search result page
For other information, please check the actual setting screen.
- Enter SEO SIMPLE PACK in the plugin search field.
- Once you find this plugin, click “Install Now” to install and activate it.
The title tag is output twice
titletag output in wp_head (
_wp_render_title_tag) is deleted, but if it is written directly in
<head>, it will be duplicated.
Remove the handwritten
How to overwrite the output on a particular page?
Most of the output tags use filter hooks, so you can overwrite them with
The following hooks are available.
- and more…
Contributors & Developers
“SEO SIMPLE PACK” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add feed_noindex setting.
- Fixed meta tag in
is_homepage with negative
- Add strip_tag before outputting title tag.
- Fixed readme.txt file.
- Support for WordPress 5.9.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed og:type on front page.
- Fixed to not save empty custom fields.
- Changed the number of characters when automatically generating a description.
- Added ‘ssp_description_word_count’ hook.
Fix the canonical tag on front page.
- Support for WordPress 5.8.
- Changed the default value of “tw_card” to
Adjusted the design of the setting page a little
- Support for WordPress 5.7.
- Support for PHP 8.0.
Added canonical tag settings for each page.
Added get method:
\SSP_Output::get_meta_data( 'meta_name' )
- You can now set “og:image” for each page.
- Added ‘ssp_output_og_site_name’ hook
- English is supported.
- Adjusted the design of the setting page a little