Site developers and operators can easily create help documentation and notices for the admin area. Include a help section with pages of instructions, or add a help box just about anywhere on the back-end (see site locations and page locations below).
- Supports custom post types
- Supports Gutenberg and Classic editors
- Completely customizeable – colors, admin menu name, icon, logo, etc
- Change the admin footer text to admin contact information or whatever you want
- Easily import settings from another site
- Import or auto-feed documents from another site
- Users can reset meta box and admin list column preferences from profile page
- Use it for notices and reminders, too!
- Main documentation page
- Admin bar
- Post/page edit screen
- Post/page admin list screen
- All other pages that are listed on admin menu
- Contextual help (even on Gutenberg)
- Install the plugin from your website’s plugin directory, or upload the plugin to your plugins folder.
- Activate it.
- Go to Help Docs in your admin menu.
Who can add a help section?
Anyone that has the Administrator role, or other roles that you specify.
Can I use the same documentation across multiple sites?
Yes, you can choose to automatically feed documents or import them locally from a remote site with the same plugin.
Where can I request features and get further support?
Join my WordPress Support Discord server
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Help Docs” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Admin Help Docs” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added option for adding missing user meta merge tags to Gravity Forms dropdowns
- Added missing index.php to classes and js folders
- Fixed excerpt meta box from changing on other post types