This plugin makes the right sidebar on post.php pages (where you edit a post) stick to the top of the screen when you scroll, so all functions of the sidebar stay within reach. It’s works with the classic version of the editor.
If the total height of the sidebar is larger than the window height, the sidebar sticks to the bottom instead, so the whole sidebar can be made visible through scroll.
On top of this, when you publish or update a page, the plugin will make the page scroll down to the previous scroll position.
This saves users from both having to scroll up (because of the stickyness) and having to scroll down again (using the previous scroll position) every time they update a post!
Just like every plugin:
* go to plugins
* click ‘Add New’
* search for me
* install and activate
* enjoy no more unnecessary scrolling!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Sticky Sidebar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Admin Sticky Sidebar” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First version!
- Sidebar placement is changed when sidebar changes size, with nice animation
- Use jQuery for on load, on resize etc. to not overwrite other possible events
- Sidebar z-index above WordPress version number
- Fix for differently sized post body
- More unique function names
- Clearer code
- Tested with WordPress 5.9.1
- Tested with WordPress 5.9.3
- Fix for Firefox scroll bug
- Additional Firefox fix
- Tested with WordPress 6.0
- Now works on all pages with a submit element + fix for low width devices
- Cache bust
- Fix dashboard bug, es5 syntax