This is a single-block plugin for the breadcrumb trail. It’s simple, lightweight, SEO-friendly, and WooCommerce compatibility. It also includes some simple separator icons.
How to customize the breadcrumb
- How to change the markup of the block?
- How to add/remove the items of the breadcrumb trail?
- How to change the home item of the breadcrumb trail?
If this plugin is useful for you, please do a quick review and rate it on WordPress.org to help us spread the word. I would very much appreciate it.
Please check out my other plugins if you’re interested:
- Content Blocks Builder – A tool to create blocks, patterns or variations easily for your site directly on the Block Editor.
- Meta Field Block – A block to display a meta field or an ACF field as a block. It can also be used in the Query Loop block.
- Block Enhancements – A plugin to add more useful features to blocks like icons, box-shadow, transform, hover style…
- Icon Separator – A tiny block just like the core/separator block but with the ability to add an icon to it.
- SVG Block – A block to insert inline SVG images easily and safely. It also bundles with more than 3000 icons and some common non-rectangular dividers.
- Counting Number Block – A block to display a number that has the number-counting effect.
- Better Youtube Embed Block – Embed Youtube videos without slowing down your site.
The plugin is developed using @wordpress/create-block.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Breadcrumb Block A simple breadcrumb trail block that supports JSON-LD structured data
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/breadcrumb-blockdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
What problem does this plugin solve?
It provides a simple way to add a breadcrumb trail to your site.
Who needs this plugin?
Anyone can use this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Breadcrumb Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Breadcrumb Block” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release Date 24 Mar 2023
- FIX – Error converting WP_Post_Type to string. Thanks to @tnchuntic for reporting it.
Release Date 20 Mar 2023
- DEV – Make the block compatible with woocommerce
Release Date 11 Mar 2023
- FIX – Add namespace to class_exists check
Release Date 12 Feb 2023
- Add new hooks
Release Date 05 Feb 2023
- DEV – Add a setting to hide the home page link
Release Date 19 Jan 2023
- FIX – Gap issue: adding the semicolon to the CSS variable
- FIX – Could not modify breadcrumb data via the
- DEV – Add a new arrow icon as separator
Release Date 13 Dec 2022
- DEV – Use post_type->labels->name instead of post_type->labels->singular_name for custom post type archive name
- DEV – Add http://schema.org as @context for structured data
- Note: Big thanks to Yannick for this release
Release Date 08 Dec 2022
- DEV – Add a setting to hide the current page title
Release Date 01 Dec 2022
- FIX – Syntax error on PHP version 7.0.0
Release Date 22 Oct 2022