- Create a WordPress shortcode or widget from any Action Network embed code.
- Manage your saved embed codes using the WordPress backend. Supports sorting by title, type and last modified date, and provides a search function.
- Modify Action Network’s default “thank you for your support” and “help us by using sharing tools” messages, and control which sharing options (social, email & embed codes) are displayed, using shortcode options or widget controls.
[actionnetwork_list]shortcode or Action Network List widget to show a list of current actions.
[actionnetwork_calendar]shortcode or Action Network Calendar widget to show a list of upcoming events. Optionally outputs upcoming events in JSON. Development of this feature was supported by The People’s Lobby – if you like it, please consider making a donation to them.
- If you are an Action Network Partner, use your API key to sync all of your actions from Action Network to WordPress.
Detailed specs for shortcode attributes, widget options, etc. are available on the Help menu for the Action Network page on the backend.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Action Network
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- If you have an Action Network API Key, go to the Action Network section and click on the “Settings” tab to enter your API key. Your actions will automatically be synced from Action Network to your WordPress site.
My ticketed events aren’t showing up on the list
Action Network does not currently provide access to Ticketed Events through its API. You can, however, use the “Add Action” tab and copy and paste the embed code manually.
Contributors & Developers
“Action Network” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Bug fix for to support embedded Action Network URLs up to version 4.
- Bug fix for widget hCaptcha protection when hCaptcha keys are not provided. The hCaptcha verification will require both hCaptcha keys in the plugin settings and the “Spam protection” checkbox be enabled. If either are not provided, hCaptcha protection will be disabled, allowing the form to be submitted without verification.
- Fixed hCaptcha checkbox.
- Updated automatic syncing of data from Action Network.
- Added record of sync results.
- Revert of SVN issue.
- Added Gutenberg Editor button.
- Bug fix related to hCaptcha.
- This major update includes the following updates:
- hCaptcha ability added for API based forms.
- Bug fixes related too multiple embeds on a single page, and the API sync.
- shortcode button for tinymce WYSIWYG.
- additional documentation on setting page.
- Updating developer information.
- Fixed problem where Action Network dates (both for events and modified_date for all actions), which are in local time, were being compared to UTC time. Now they are compared to the local timezone of the website.
- Fixed problem which would cause updates from wordpress.org to crash
- Added AJAX submission for signup form, new shortcode attributes to control thank-you displays, new widget to display actions, and new shortcode and widget to display lists of actions.
- Updated to recognize Action Network’s v3 widgets
- First release on wordpress.org
Previous development versions can be found on github